Why would you want to download Youtube videos?
There are multiple reasons why people would want to download videos, for example:
- Downloading Youtube videos beforehand makes offline viewing possible even if you don't have Internet access on your mobile or laptop
- If the Youtube video gets deleted for some reason, you will have the video on your laptop.
Despite downloading Youtube videos are illegal with third-party apps, but as long as you're downloading a video for your own personal offline use, it is probably okay, and fortunately is not only possible with Youtube servers.
In this article, I'm going to show you some video downloader programs which will hopefully help you to download Youtube videos easily.
The step-by-step usage of the below-mentioned apps are shown on Windows, but some of them can be downloaded to mobiles as well.
Video downloader apps and software to download Youtube videos:
Method 1: WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe
This one is a video converter software, slideshow maker, video editor, and Youtube video downloader.
This program can convert the video into any format, and perfectly handles 4K content. Unfortunately, it is not free, but impressive.
1. Download and install this software
2. Type in and activate the license key. After that, you will be successfully registered.
3. Open the software and click on the Youtube icon
4. Copy the Youtube video link and paste it into the address bar. Then click on the "Analyze" button.
5. Wait until it analyzes all the resolutions you can download. Choose a file that you find right, and click on the "OK" button.
6. Choose the device which you want to convert it for. E.g. for your Android mobile.
7. Choose the brand of your mobile, then the quality (LQ and HQ) of the video. Then click on the "OK" button.
8. Then click on the "RUN" button in the lower right corner.
9. Wait until the video is downloaded, then converted.
Method 2: 4K Video Downloader
1. Download and install this video downloader app to your Windows device. This free software can download 3D and 360-degree videos as well.
2. Open Youtube and choose the youtube video you want to download
3. Click on the "Share" button to get the link of the video
4. Copy the video link from the appearing window
5. Go back to the 4K Video Downloader app, and click on the "Paste link" button
6. The app will paste the file. It will take some time to parse the video.
7. In the appearing window, you will be asked about quality options and the destination of the video file, then click on the "Download" button. Choosing the highest quality is the best option, but keep in mind that it will take more time to download and will take up more space.
7. After the video is downloaded, it will appear in the 4k Video Downloader app
Method 3: TubeMate (without Bluestacks)
It's an easy-to-use youtube downloader available both on Windows and iOS.
Unfortunately, this app can't be downloaded from Google Play Store, so you need to allow your phone (Go to settings) to download and run apps downloaded from other places. You can find this video downloader on AndroidBlue, and download it as a zip file.
1. Open a browser and download the Nox App Player
2. Then download the TubeMate app
3. Wait until Nox is installed to your Windows device
4. Drag and drop TubeMate into the Nox window to install
5. Wait until TubeMate is installed and then open it
6. Click on the three lines in the upper left corner
7. Select Youtube from the drop-down menu and click on it
8. Choose a Youtube video which you want to download and open it, then click on the download button
9. A window appears where you can choose the quality of the video. After you selected the proper quality, click again on the red download button
10. By clicking on the framed button, you can check how many percents are left from the video downloading.
Method 4: KeepVid Pro
1. Install the KeepVid Pro
2. Open a browser and copy the Youtube video URL
3. Paste the video URL to KeepVid
4. Choose the quality of the Youtube video
5. Wait until the program downloads the Youtube video
6. The location of the successfully downloaded video file will be the "KeepVid Pro Downloaded" folder
Method 5: VLC Media Player
1. Download the VLC Media Player
2. Copy the URL of a Youtube video
3. Open VLC media player
4. Go to the "Media" menu and select "Open Network Stream"
5. Paste in the URL and click on the "Play" button
6. Click on "Play"
7. When the video is playing, go to "Tools" -> "Media Information"
8. Copy the URL you can find in the box called "Location"
9. Then go back to your browser and paste the copied URL to the address bar ( it is a temporary address which will expire).
10. Wait until a window pops up and then click on the "Start Download" button. You will see the location where the video file will be saved to.
11. Wait until the Youtube video is downloaded
You can download many youtube videos with this method but only one after another.
Method 6: YMP4 (online program)
1. Search for YMP4 in your browser.
2. This window will appear, where you have to simply copy and paste the Youtube video link, and click on the "GO" button.
3. Wait until the next window appears where you can choose from the resolutions.
Choose the best for you, and then click on the "Download" button.
4. A temporary page will be created, where you have to start playing the video and then click on the three dots. After that choose the "Download" option.
Method 7: Install Youtube Video Downloader (Chrome plugin/extension)
1. Open your browser and search for "addoncrop"
2. Open the first option, then download "Youtube Video Downloader"
3. In the appearing window, scroll down and select which browser you want to install this extension to. Click on it and wait until it is downloaded.
4. After the download is completed, open your Download files. Click on the Youtube Video Downloader icon with the right-mouse button, and click on the "Extract all" button.
5. Open your browser and click o the three dots in the upper right corner. Then select "More tools", then Extensions".
6. Tick the "Developer mode" and click on the "Load unpacked extension" button.
Select the Youtube Video Downloader file and press "OK".
7. Your extension is downloading. In the AddonCrop website, you will see that it is installed successfully.
8. Open Youtube and choose a video. You will see the Download button, where you can choose the quality and click on it.
Method 8: Use a screen recorder (FonePaw)
With this program, you can record your screen in some ways. E.g. you can record only the audio, or with the lock window function record a part of the screen.
With that function, no matter how you move the browser, the selected recording area won't move.
Now I'm going to show you the easiest way to record a full-screen Youtube video with audio. With its free trial, you can save 3 minutes of every video, but you can upgrade to premium to record longer videos.
1. Launch the FonePaw Screen Recorder program on your laptop.
2. Open the program and choose the Video Recorder.
3. Open the Youtube video you want to record. Pause the video and make it to the beginning.
4. Go back to the FonePaw app and choose the "Full Screen" option.
5. Then start to record.
6. Make the video to full screen and don't move the mouse.
7. You can watch the recording back, and save the video.
8. In the appearing window choose the destination of the video file and click on the "Next" button.
9. Then click on "Continue to save" and wait until the video is saved.
Method 9: Use Youtube Premium
If you have a Youtube Premium Subscription, you can easily download a Youtube video.
1. Open the video that you want to download, and click on the "Download" button.
2. In the appearing window, select the quality of the video.
3. Wait until it is analyzing and then choose the proper option for you from the given ones. Then click on the "Download" button on the bottom of the page.
4. Wait until the video is fully downloaded and then it appears in the "Downloads" files.
These step-by-step guides were made by using the latest version of the apps.